As busy women I know we all want to change our diets but sometimes the changes seem overwhelming and time consuming. These ‘nutrition hacks’ are all easy to add to your diet (even for the busiest of women!).
1. Extra nutritional boost added to your daily smoothie such as:
– Maca powder – great for natural hormone balancing
– Spirulina – for alkalising and liver health
– Chia seeds – for protein and fibre
– Avocado – for healthy fats
2. Add Coconut Oil at every opportunity to help boost metabolism, brain function and to support your thyroid and adrenals:
– Cook with it such as stirfries, as a replacement for your usual oil
– Add it to your morning coffee for extra energy
– Put it in a smoothie for an added boost
– Consume on its own on a spoon before bed to help calm the nervous system
3. Swap your normal cereal for homemade muesli
Made with oats and your choice of nuts, seeds and dried fruit, for a breakfast that will sustain energy and promote hormonal balance
4. Have leafy green vegetables with every meal
A great source of easily absorbed magnesium and fibre which helps sustain energy, eliminate toxins and excess oestrogen as well as helping to balance blood sugars
5. On waking have a Lemon Elixir before eating.
A mix of tepid water, freshly squeezed lemon, apple cider vinegar and (only if needed) raw honey to sweeten. This helps to promote liver health so oestrogen is effectively cleaned from our blood ready for excess to be excreted.
If you’re not sure where to start with making changes to your diet and lifestyle to improve symptoms of the perimenopause than click here to download my Hormone Balancing Recipe Guide, which is a great starting point and includes recipes and foods that both you and your family can enjoy.