In the Winter, when the weather is cold my body craves warm foods and a salad just doesn’t cut it at lunchtime. I often have a homemade soup or eggs of some kind but that can get a bit boring, and have recently rediscovered baked sweet potatoes. So I wanted to share with you one of my favourite recipes to inspire you to pimp up your lunch too!
I love sweet potatoes because they are so nutritious, they are a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and B6. They are a complex carbohydrate so good for blood sugar balance, as well as helping to support the immune system, healthy skin and your heart health.
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta, Olives and Tomatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes
50g feta cheese, diced
28g black olives, pitted and chopped
25g sundried tomatoes, thinly chopped
Handful of chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons fresh oregano; chopped (you can use 1/2 tsp of dried)
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork or knife.
- Place them on the middle shelf of the oven, with some tin foil on the shelf below.
- Bake until the sweet potatoes are cooked through (about 45-60 minutes).
- Take them out the oven and leave to cool for a few mins.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise and top with the feta mixture and serve.
Want more recipes like this? Download my Hormone Balancing Recipe Guide here.