Coconut Chicken Recipe
This asian inspired coconut chicken dish makes a lovely, fresh evening meal with a real nutritional punch! It’s sweet, a bit spicy and a low carb option which is light but filling thanks to the healthy fats from the coconut.
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
¾ cup rice vinegar
½ cup honey
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
1 red chilli, sliced
- Place the chicken in a freezer bag with the coconut milk, ginger, chilli and 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Seal and shake until mixed well.
- Massage the marinade into the chicken to ensure well coated.
- Set in the fridge for at least an hour (preferably overnight).
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the chicken onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the vinegar, honey, soy sauce and the rest of the red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Brush over the chicken for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and serve with steamed green vegetables of your choice.
Want more recipes like this? Download my Hormone Balancing Recipe Guide here.