This healthy fish curry is so flavoursome and is packed with spices and healthy ingredients. It’s a really great friday night recipe as it is easy to make and it’ll beat anything your local takeaway has to offer!
Healthy Fish Curry
4 x shallots
3 cloves of garlic
1.5 cm piece of ginger
1 fresh green chilli
1 x red pepper
550 g firm white fish
1 tsp mustard seeds
15 curry leaves
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 x 400 g tin of coconut milk
1 x 400 g tin of quality chopped tomatoes
A few sprigs of fresh coriander, to serve
- Peel and finely slice the shallots, garlic and ginger.
- Trim and finely slice the chilli and pepper.
- Cut the fish into chunks.
- Heat a tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan until it melts to a liquid, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook until the seeds start to pop.
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, peper and chilli, and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Mix the chilli powder and turmeric together with a splash of water, and stir into the pan.
- Fry for 1 minute to release the flavours, then add the fish, coconut milk and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the sauce has reduced.
- Pick, chop and scatter over the coriander leaves.
- Delicious served with brown basmati rice or a chapati.
Want more recipes like this? Download my Hormone Balancing Recipe Guide here.