I love a good burger but I get a bit bored with the traditional burger combos. So, I’ve created a new recipe for Spicy Lamb Burgers to make burgers exciting again! Serve with a side salad, avocado and some yoghurt dip.
Spicy Lamb Burgers
1kg minced lamb
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp mango chutney
3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
¼ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coconut oil, for brushing
flat bread or pitta bread, to serve (optional)
For the relish
6 ripe tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
200g full fat greek yoghurt
bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
Squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- Place the minced lamb in a large mixing bowl and add the garlic, onion, mango chutney, ginger, chopped chilli, turmeric, crushed coriander and cumin.
- Season well with salt and pepper and mix by hand until combined.
- Divide and shape the mixture into 8-10 burgers.
- Place the burgers on a cling film-covered tray and keep them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or if possible make the day before).
- Remove from the fridge a while before cooking to bring to room temperature.
- Brush with a little oil before barbecuing for about 5-6 minutes each side.
- Mix together the tomatoes, yoghurt, coriander, onion and lemon or lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the burgers, either inside the bread or as a dipping sauce and a large salad.
Want more recipes like this? Download my Hormone Balancing Recipe Guide here.